I suggest you ...

'Mark as read' / 'Read Later' functions

Hi! This is so far the most clever social bookmarking / content sharing tool I've seen, keep up the good work!
I was wondering would you be able to add a feature that lets users flag interesting posts for reading later (because newer posts may come up and the content will sink to the bottom and be forgotten...), and also a 'mark as read' function - this could allow the post to sink to the very bottom, or you could add a view option (maybe a tickbox control) to gray out read items, maybe list them under a separator on a different page so the user can focus on the new items? (I think this would be a truly unique feature compared to other services. Also anyone creating a checklist-like topic (clothes, shoes etc.) could use it as a shopping/to-do instantly. Personally I'd love a function to flag for a specific friend (not exactly like suggesting to post it in his/her mix) but to add to his/her 'read it later' lists. (Maybe have some visibility whether they've marked it as read then.) That would make it truly social while keeping this well-organized structure of the mix/topic/comments (unlike sending such posts in messages out of context)...
Cheers!

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service